Field-cycling NMR illuminator provides a no-contact lighting mechanism to irradiate the field-cycling sample during the NMR experiment. It can irradiate the sample at variable stray fields in an NMR spectrometer. The device has no long optical-fiber flipping during shuttling. Therefore, the field-cycling sample can move rapidly and preciously between the illumination spot and the acquisition sweep spot. This shuttle-illumination device is an exclusive add-on to the High-Field Field-Cycler (HFFC). To learn more about the High-Field Field-Cycler, please go to HFFC.
- No optical fiber is required. The exclusive feature is that there is no touching between the field-cycling sample and the shuttle illumination device.
- High-power LEDs with optional wavelengths
- Changeable illumination positions along stray fields on the adapted NMR spectrometer
- Synchronizing illumination timing with NMR pulse programs by TTL triggers
- Computer aid for controlling the light powers and various modes of illumination timing available
Available wavelengths and specifications
|Color||Wavelength (nm)||*Max. Irradiance (mW/mm2)||*Uniformity (dB) in the sample length of 30mm|
|Royal Blue||440 ~ 455||750||-0.6|
|Blue||465 ~ 485||500||-0.5|
|Green||520 ~ 535||250||-1.6|
|Red||620 ~ 630||300||-2.8|
Note:*The specification of maxima irradiance and uniformity shown here are the values on the surface of the sample tube.
The other wavelengths are upon customer requests
- Application No.: Taiwan Utility Model Patent M641967 (Status: Active)
- Application No.: US Patent 18/138,755 (Status: Pending)
No touching illumination mechanism preserves the rapid sample shuttling feature as the standard high-field field-cycler. The high-field NMR spectrometer performance is also well-conserved. Hence, our shuttle-illumination device combined with our HFFC can perform the photo-correlated NMR experiments with comparable resolution and sensitivity as high-field NMR with additional information coming from light irradiation.
Photo-CIDNP experiment tailored to the detection of Hα-Cα resonance on 1µM Trp was performed by our shuttle-illumination device with the HFFC. HFFC was installed on Bruker 700 MHz equipped with a 5mm TXI cryoprobe. The optical irradiation time was 100ms. The illumination field was at the stray field, 150 MHz. This 1H spectrum was collected with 8 scans.
- One LED module with one wavelength on demand.
- Option for more than one LED module. *The irradiance is calibrated with demanded wavelengths before installation.*
- An adaptor on the shuttle rail and a position adjuster
- Electric power cable for LED module /MMXC/ (the length is according to on-site demand)
- Control and power module with USB communication to the computer and TTL trigger to NMR console
- TTL trigger cable /BNC to MCX/ (the length is according to on-site demand)
- A special optical power meter for irradiation power calibration of the LED module
- A graphical user interface for controlling the total power of illumination and setup with field cycling NMR experiments
- The illuminator with 255 levels of adjustable optical power.